Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Clayton Insurance Agency proudly services several North Carolina communities, including Sanford, Pittsboro, Lillington, Broadway, Cameron, Fayetteville, Chapel Hill, Raleigh and Durham. Please call or email us today to see how we can help you.
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
The personal watercraft policy covers:
- bodily injury
- property damage
- guest passenger liability
- medical payments
-Liability limits start at $15,000 and can be increased to $300,000.
-Typical policies include deductibles of $250 for property damage, $500 for theft and $1,000 for medical payments.
-Additional coverage can also be purchased for trailers and other accessories.
Thank you for your interest in Clayton Insurance Agency. Ready to begin your quote? Use one of our quick and easy quote forms above. If you would like to speak to one of our insurance professionals call our office at 919-777-9835 or email us your questions and one of our agents will reply promptly.