Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via the web, or come and visit us at a location near you.
- What is automobile liability insurance?
- How much insurance coverage do I need?
- How can I get the best auto insurance rates possible?
- What information and/or documents will I need to get a rate quote?
What is automobile liability insurance?
Liability car insurance covers damages to another person resulting from an accident you cause. One of the most basic types of auto insurance coverage, liability is also one of the few coverage options that's mandatory in NC.Back to TopHow much insurance coverage do I need?
Your individual needs and situation should dictate how much insurance you need. When you're trying to determine how much insurance to buy, here are a few factors to think about:
Back to TopHow can I get the best auto insurance rates possible?
- How much can you afford to pay out of pocket? (Choose a deductible that you know you can pay out of pocket. Also, if you choose lower limits, you might be personally responsible for damages that exceed those limits. Consider whether you can afford this possibility, too.)
- Do you make payments on your car? (If you do, you may be required to have Comprehensive and Collision in addition to Liability coverage.)
- What type of vehicle do you drive? (It's wise to have higher limits for vehicles, such as large SUVs, that can cause more damage.)
- Do any drivers live in your house but never drive your vehicles? (You can exclude them from coverage on your policy, which means you won't have to insure them on your policy.)
To get the best auto insurance rates, remember:
Back to TopWhat information and/or documents will I need to get a rate quote?
- Higher deductibles and lower coverage limits mean lower insurance premiums, but could leave you financially exposed. Be sure you have the right coverage limits for your specific needs.
- You may qualify for lower auto insurance rates if your vehicle is equipped with safety and anti-theft devices.
- Safe drivers and low mileage drivers may qualify for special savings.
- Safe cars mean lower auto insurance rates.
When getting a quote, it's helpful to have the following handy:
Back to Top
- Your current auto insurance policy (if you have one)
- A driver's license number for each person to be listed on your policy
- A VIN for each car to be listed on the policy
- The lienholder's name and address if the vehicle is leased or financed
- A major credit or debit card for when you are ready to buy